Cathy Anne Jones
- Opportunity due to growth locally and nationally
- Bring your experience and people skills
- Clear KPI's and bonus structure
Well established, well-known National road freight provider seeks to appoint a new Business development team member.
- Is a traditional sales rep role backed by local, state and national road freight services
- Focusses on new business development and effective meetings with potential clients in person and on the phone/Zoom
- Develops and maintains good working relationships with new and existing drivers and contractors
- Ensures professionalism by following policies and procedures and communicating opportunities and threats
- Reports directly to the national GM Business Development
- Ensures ongoing client management through regular contact, reporting and follow up
- Works with senior management if necessary to solve disputes or client complaints in a confidential and timely manner
- Develops and maintains internal relationships to execute strategies and business objectives
- Represents the company in the field - professional conduct and respectful communication are expected at all times
- Debriefs weekly with the GM Business Development to review past week and plan the next week and discuss strategies
- Prepares weekly and monthly reports on progress and pipeline
- Has 2 or more years' experience in a sales or business development role in an allied or similar service - Couriers, Road Freight, Distribution services.
- Is not afraid to pick up the phone and make those calls and visits!
- Can demonstrate knowledge around some of the challenges in industry
- Can be self-motivated and a team player when needed
- Knows how to close a deal and support new business
- Can negotiate in general and can determine when to establish exclusive rates and services (with management) for suitable prospects
- Has experience in maintaining records for account management and opportunities in the pipeline (CRM)
Apply today for this solid career opportunity with a leading road freight company.